Sunday, January 24, 2010

The First Post

Hello, my name is Raz, and I break stereotypes as a hobby. As a result, a lot of crazy shit happens to me, making my life relatively unconventional.

I have several other hobbies, including writing. So I decided to start a blog because I have something to say to the world. But some things are better said through written electronic media, rather than the mouth of a raving bisexual.

By “raving,” I don’t mean “obnoxiously ranting,” I mean the act of going to underground dance parties often referred to as raves. It’s a culture I consider myself part of, and it is often a beautiful escape from reality.

I am an escapist of sorts. Escaping reality is another one of my hobbies. I do it in different ways, usually relatively healthy ways, but not always. Substances can help, but that’s as descriptive as I’ll get here.

The purpose of a blog, I suppose, is posting something you want people to see. Giving people a reason to read what you have to say, whether through comedy or narrative or whatever. I had a blog once, a xanga actually, and I was very loyal to it. I had around 7 or 8 friends who read it, and I read theirs. This was around 8th grade or so. I still have it actually, but all the posts are private.

So I guess my reason for making a separate public blog is that I have something to tell the world, and I’m not sure how else to do it. I don’t even really know what I want to say, but I can promise it won’t be the typical bullshit of politically or religiously enraged bloggers (though it may touch on the topics as I feel very passionately about them), or “relationship problem” ranters. This blog is intended to provide an outlet for me to explore topics on a deeper level, a more honest and open level, and connect with other people who have real input.

I know all of this may sound juvenile, as disillusioned as every other blogger believing that anyone wants to know their opinions. But I hope my posts will connect to someone out there and that maybe together we can make sense of this crazy world.

No comments:

Post a Comment